Arizona Veterans Donation Fund
Fri, 2013-11-22 10:15
What is the Arizona Veterans’ Donation Fund?
The Arizona Veterans’ Donation Fund, established in 1999 by the Arizona legislature, has helped fund programs that benefit veterans and their families throughout Arizona. Arizona State law specifies that tax-deductible donations to, and monies held in, this account can never revert to the State General Fund. The assets held in the account can only be used to benefit veterans in the State of Arizona through small grants and large grants, each with their own documented application process. In fiscal year 2013, for example, the Arizona Veterans’ Donation Fund awarded over $725,000 to veterans’ programs and initiatives throughout the State. Click HERE to see Arizona statute 41-608 online .
What are some examples of fund benefits?
Click HERE to see some benefits from the 2013 grant year.
How can my organization apply for grants from the Veterans Donation Fund?
Veterans Donation Fund (VDF) Grants of $5,000 – $100,000 (Large Grant)
All Requests for Grant Proposals of $5,000 – $100,000 must be submitted through eCivis, a cloud-based grants management system. The State of Arizona has created a portal to eCivis for users searching for State of Arizona grant opportunities. Please visit https://grants.az.gov/ for more information on the eCivis program.
- Grants for $5,000 or more are issued once the Department has published a specific grant cycle.
- For information or questions regarding grants $5,000 or more please contact Tera Scherer at (602) 234-8415 or via email at [email protected]. Do not use this email to submit grant proposals; all large grant proposals must be submitted through the provided eCivis link.
2016 VDF Grant Cycle $5,000 – $100,000
Proposals will be accepted from October 15, 2016 through December 15, 2016. For detailed instructions on applying for a grant from the VDF Fund using eCivis please review detailed instructions online HERE .
The VDF Request for Grant Proposal (RFGP) and a budget template can be downloaded from the published grant webpage on the eCivis site HERE . Upon completion of the RFGP packet please upload the packet, a detailed budget worksheet (download budget worksheet template HERE ) and any supporting materials using the same eCivis site (click HERE ). See the detailed instructions provided for assistance.
VDF Grants of $4,999.99 or less (Small Grant)
- A Request for Grant Proposal of $4,999.99 and less can be downloaded in PDF format HERE .
- Small Grant Proposals are accepted throughout the year, dependent on availability of funding.
Applicants who have been awarded a grant from the fund (Large Grant or Small Grant) must be registered with ProcureAZ, which is the State of Arizona’s procurement system.
- Register with ProcureAZ using the instructions located online HERE .
- Once registered, access the ProcureAZ system located online HERE .
- ProcureAZ Support: (602) 542-7600 or [email protected]. Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-5:00pm
How can I directly support the Arizona Veterans Donation Fund?
- You can help by purchasing a Veteran, Women Veterans, or Freedom Arizona License Plate for an annual $25 fee, $17 of which goes directly to the AVDF. Click HERE or on the license plate icons at the bottom of any page on this website.
- You can make a tax-deductible charitable donation to the fund, making your check payable to Arizona Veterans’ Donation Fund, and mailing your check to:
Arizona Veterans’ Donation Fund
c/o Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Is there someone I can speak to regarding AVDF grants?
Yes. Contact the VDF Grant Program Manager through one of these channels:
Attn: VDF Grant Program Manager
Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services