Student Exchange Agreement
Student Exchange Agreement between The University of Art and Design, Helsinki and The Ohio State University, Columbus (Ohio, USA)
Ohio State contact information
The Ohio State University / Office of International Affairs
International university contact information
Location of international university
Number of students, undergraduate or graduate, and length of stay
- On an annual basis, each institution will nominate to the other one to six students, undergraduate or graduate, students may participate in this exchange program for a maximum of one academic year
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years of academic work prior to participation in the exchange period for which the student is applying
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent as defined by the sending institution and agreed to by the receiving institution
- Evidence of a sincere motivation and preparation for the academic program(s) available at the receiving institution
- At least 500 on TOEFL scores for Ohio State admission
- Adequate language preparation by OSU applicants will be interpreted by host university according to its rules and requirements
Ohio State responsibilities
- Assign students to the appropriate school, department, or division, and to appropriate advisor.
- To the extend that their language competences permits, exchange students will be permitted the same freedoms of choice in courses selection as the those enjoyed by the regularly enrolled students at the host institution.
- Upon completion of study, academic transcript of the exchange student’s work will be sent to the appropriate office of the student’s home institution.
- Whenever possible, each institution will endeavor to place students from the partner institution in university-sponsored housing facilities; however, when this is not possible, the appropriate office will provide the exchange student with alternative possibilities, and will assist the student(s) as necessary
Responsibilities of the host institution
- Provide admitted students with a formal letter of admission and other documents as may be required for establishing their student status for visa and other purposes
- Assign admitted students to the appropriate school, department, or division, and to an appropriate academic advisor
- To the extent that their language competence permits, exchange students will be permitted the same freedom of choice in course selection as that enjoyed by regularly enrolled students at the receiving institution
- Students admitted to the host institution will pay the normal academic fees to their home institution
- Receiving institution will waive or provide a means to cover all application, academic, and admissions fees normally required of students
- Round-trip international travel, all room and board costs and all personal costs in the host country are the responsibility of the student
- Exchange students must purchase their own medical insurance required or proposed by the host institution
Duration of the agreement
Three (3) years, from July 1, 1994 through June 30, 1998. The agreement will automatically be renewed for additional four year terms unless a decision is made to terminate the agreement.
Note: Please see entire agreement for details